In March of 2016, Knog started a project on kickstarter to fund a new design idea for a bike bell. I found the idea and looks of the bell very intrigueing and wanted one instantly. It arrived a couple of weeks ago, so here’s what I think about it.
I installed an SSD into my computer and wanted to move a Steam game to that new drive. There is a gazillion how-tos on that out there but I found a lot of them are outdated and the most likely found article from Valve itself just tells you how to move steam in its entirety, which was not what I intended. So here’s a working way to move a single game to a new location that does not require any additional software.
It’s been about 8 months since I last wrote about the Alpine and I wanted to share an update on how it worked out after about a year in use.
With all family members starting to ride bikes (or run bikes), space in the garage has become a precious good. So I thought about how I could mount some bikes to the wall. The kid’s bikes were not much of a problem. With a little hook each, they all went to the wall easily. But with the mountainbikes … not so easy. I thought about just mounting a small wooden plank to the wall, putting the wheels on that and holding the bike up with a rope. But then I found a way easier and even cheap solution.
Half way through setting up continuous deployment with jenkins and ansible, I sporadically spotted “unknown errors” with ssh connections when ansible tried to run things on a series of hosts. Searching for “SSH encountered an unknown error during the connection” obviously revealed a LOT of results but nothing that really helped. So I had to dig deeper and eventually found the problem.
Migrating a VM from its primary to secondary node is usually a very simple task for ganeti. But with busy machines, it sometimes, apparently, does not work. Here’s what helped me solve this situation.